Wednesday, January 31, 2007

I Forget Wedding





My dog perhaps carried it off, hidden behind his bone.
I sniff the garden secretly - could it be buried there?
Not here, not there, not over there,
I look there, I look here, and nothing, ah ...
A-one, a-two, and a-forgot,
my cleverness has left.
My story is erased again,
there is no today, nor never, nor afterward,
there is no today, nor never, nor afterward...

My reasoning fades out inside a cup of sugar,
my soul is turning into salt inside a drawer.
I am riding on a cloud that rises, rises, and rises,
And it will never stop; it leaves
it flies above the city; it leaves ...
O sensation! an inspiration
is just this moment coming to me!
Fascination and distraction -
tell me what I was talking about?
I go here, I go over there,
I go there, I go over here,
With a black crow that is chasing me. Ah!

I'm looking in the kitchen, in the garbage cans,
Inside a shoe, sunken in the sofa,
My life and reason going incognito are. I look under the tablecloth, in a loaf of bread,
On scribbles on paper long ago thrown away,
Decorations on cake, in the washing machine.

No comments: